Meet July Mom of the Month Lauren Hughes, mom to son Lyon and fur baby Korra. One of FIT4MOM Tampa Bay's newest instructors, Lauren believes fitness is the key to a happy and healthy life. Read more about Lauren and her love of fitness in her ten fun facts below and keep an eye out for her at Citrus Park and Countryside.
1. My grandfather, two uncles, aunt, father and brother all have the same initials as my son and me.
2. I am named after my father; his name is Loren Daniel Hughes, and my name is Lauren Danielle Hughes.
3. I have read the Sookie Stackhouse Series (the inspiration for the show TrueBlood) 12 times!
4. I’ve been doing Muay Thai, Krav Maga and Jiu Jitsu for 5 years.
5. I am a vegetarian, and have been for most of my life.
6. I have owned horses, pigs, goats, ducks, and chickens. I even had a pet pig that lived inside with me!
7. On average, I drink 2 gallons of water a day. My friends and family always make fun of me for carrying around a gallon of water and drinking straight from the jug.
8. I’ve lost exactly 8 wallets and 6 phones (4 years since the last one and going strong)!!
9. In high school I earned my cosmetology license and worked in a salon for 2 years.
10. I love to cosplay and hand make my own costumes! My favorite cosplays were Wonder Woman and Lara Croft. This year I am hoping to include my son Lyon in my cosplay.