Child Development Screenings At No Cost
All children, birth through age five, should be screened regularly prior to school entry. The Child Development Infoline (CDI) is a service offered through The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay at no cost that provides child development screenings and information about the resources families need to help their children develop. CDI coordinators are trained to help participants understand the screening tool and refer them to any necessary supplemental resources.
Child Development Facts:
• Developmental screening is important because each child grows differently.
• If a child misses a critical stage, they may have a developmental delay.
• Eighty percent of the brain is wired for learning by age three.
• The earlier a child receives help, the more prepared they can be for school.
Call 813-425-GROW (4769) or 2-1-1 for a quick child development screening via telephone.
- CRISISCENTER.COM — (813) 964-1964