Meet October Mom of the Month Ann-Marie Pearson, also our newest play group captain for the Brandon location. Ann-Marie, wife to Christian and mom to Genevieve, has been attending Stroller Strides since Genevieve was an infant. You have probably met Ann-Marie at the Brandon or Westshore locations and has always been very active in play dates which makes for a fantastic playgroup captain. Keep an eye out for exciting play dates posted for the Brandon/Downtown Tampa areas and read 10 fun facts you didn't know about her below:
1. In 2009 I co-founded a 501c3 animal rescue group called Dogma Pet Rescue, Inc. I continue to serve as the co-director. Dogma is a private all breed dog rescue organization, and is comprised of all volunteers. To date, our group has rescued, vetted and adopted out over 1000 dogs.
2. Since I was a kid I've always ridden horses and competed in the Hunter Jumper circuit. I currently have one horse, a Selle Francais, named Tour Jete, his nickname is Desi. One day I would love to live on my own horse farm. I like to get my hands dirty and be outside with the animals. (Don't get me wrong, I've got a closet full of heels and love to get girly and dressed up too.)
3. On our first date, I knew this was the man I was going to marry. I never believed that really happened to people. Sure enough, Christian and I have been married 8 fun years. We wed in a small ceremony in Tampa (where I am from) and had our reception in Chicago (where Christian is from). My wedding dress was a hand made lace dress that had been worn in my family for 4 generations. Genevieve joined our family in February 2014.
4. My husband and brother co-own a parking company in Channelside, Parktologists Inc. We provide off site parking for the cruise ships. Any given weekend you will find myself, husband, brother, sisters, sister-in-law, my parents and of course, Genevieve, at "the lot." It is fun with all of us there.
5. Aside from our wedding day and the birth of our daughter, we both share a favorite day. A few years ago we vacationed in Paris. While there we decided to jump into the Parisian lifestyle and rented a Vespa. We rode that scooter from sun up to sun down; we took it out to Versailles, drove up to the Eiffel Tower, circled the Arc de Triomphe and down the Champs Elysees with many miles in between. It was one of the best days ever!
6. I am a huge Tampa Bay Rays fan! I was very sad to see Joe Maddon move to Chicago. We aren't making many live games these days, but the Rays have got some pretty funny commentators, Dewayne and Brian. They make the games fun to watch at home.
7. I learned how to Scuba Dive on the Great Barrier Reef. I spent a few weeks on a service trip in the mountain villages of Fiji and decided to stay one more week on the beach to get Scuba certified.
8. Lucile Ball is my favorite comedian and I Love Lucy is my favorite show of all time-I have the whole collection. Christian and I attended the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival in Jamestown, NY(where she is from) this summer.
9. I secretly love watching boxing. One day I want to attend a live Vegas heavy weight prime time fight at MGM.
10. During a summer in college, I worked at a dude ranch in Jackson Hole, WY. I fell in love with everything Wyoming! Fly fishing, mountain biking, trail riding, white water rafting, hiking, rodeos, hot springs and of course Yellowstone and the Tetons. This felt like heaven on Earth. I can't wait to go back as a family.